|YTD Inventory / Shipment Report |
|8th Marketing Month||Crop: 2020||1. Export shipments through May 21st stand at 180,000 tons of pistachios (in-shell equivalent), second only to 2007 record crop year.|
2. The exceptional export figures for the first eight marketing months will limit the available inventory of Iranian pistachios for the remaining months. However, the actual remaining inventory at the end of the 8th marketing month seems to be higher than the figure shown in the opposite table. IPA will revise its 2020 Iranian pistachio crop estimate in October.
3. The Far East has been the biggest market for Iranian pistachios through May 21st, up 44,000 tons compared to last year.
4. Pistachio shipments from Iran to the Indian Subcontinent reached 21,000 tons through May 21st, a 75% increase compared to last year.
5. The EU has imported 15,000 tons of Iranian pistachios through May 21st, a 25% increase compared to last year.
6. Price disparity in domestic and international markets of Iranian pistachios brought by the drop in the USD/IRR exchange rate and anticipation of a lower 2021 Iranian crop, had slowed down local pistachio trade, although the situation is getting better now as the exchange rate is improving. The immediate effect of the said price adjustment was a weaker demand for new shipments in most markets, with CIS countries having a seasonal peak demand in summers being the exception.
7. Iran's total pistachio supply for the next marketing year (sum of carry-over and new crop) is expected to be around 150,000 tons. IPA’s official crop forecast is expected to be released by July.
|Carry in from prevoius year||22,000|
|Note : addjustment / losses related to shelling and peeling process of kernels and green kernels.|
Current Crop Year