|Monthly and YTD Inventory / Shipment Report in Tons
1. The inventory at the end of marketing month 6 stands at 27% (47,000 MT) of this year's total marketable inventory, while this figure for the average of the previous four crops (2012-2015) stands at around 35%. It is noteworthy to add that the remaining inventory seems not to be uniform in terms of composition of variety and type (Natural Open/Closed Shell).
2. Exports to Indian Subcontinent countries continue to increase outstandingly this year (compared to the past 4 years), though in the 6th marketing month due to relative shortage and sharp increase in pricing of the preferred variety in India (Ahmad Aghaei), the shipments of this month to India was lower than last year.
3. In the 6th marketing month, 25% of exported pistachios (2,800 MT) was exported to the European countries (EU15+Other Europe). This share of shipments shows a remarkable increase compared to past few years.
4. Shipment of Closed Shell pistachios has declined from the four-year average figure of around 14,000 MT to 9,100 MT this year. However, this has been partially offset with higher export of Natural Pistachio Kernel products.
5. Natural Pistachio Kernel shipments (around 9,000 MT) is showing a significant growth this year, owing to the unique taste and different varieties of Iranian pistachio which cater the diverse tastes of consumers. This share of shipments indicates a noteworthy increase compared to the average of the past 4 years for the same period (6,000 MT).
4-Year Comparison (Destination)
4-Year Comparison (Product)
6th Marketing Month
|Carry in from previous year
|Total Crop Estimate
|Adjustment/ losses, Export