|YTD Inventory / Shipment Report |
|12th Marketing Month||Crop: 2019||2019 Crop Wrap-Up|
1. IPA’s post-harvest estimate of Iran’s pistachio production in 2019 stood at 205,000 MT of dried in-shell pistachios. However, considering an estimated carry-over of 22,000 tons, we are finalizing our year end shipment/inventory report by adjusting the 2019 crop production estimate from 205,000 to 195,000 tons.
2. Total annual exports for the 2019-20 marketing year, considering adjustments and losses, add up to 164,000 tons (in-shell equivalent). This looks to be a big achievement for Iran’s pistachio industry, considering all the impediments to export such as the unilateral US sanctions against Iran, Iranian government-imposed restrictions on transfer and exchange of foreign currencies, in addition to the global Coronavirus pandemic.
3. In the second half of the 2019-20 marketing year, Iranian pistachio export to major markets gathered pace, given the attractive prices of Iranian pistachios and gradual global recovery from the coronavirus crisis.
4. Pistachio kernel shipments (20,000 MT through August) show a growing trend, owing to the unique taste and color of Iranian pistachios.
2020 New Crop
1. IPA’s post‐harvest crop estimate is expected to be released in November. The pre‐harvest crop forecast stands at around 180,000 MT of dried in-shell pistachios. With an estimated carry-over of around 22,000 tons from the 2019 crop, Iran’s gross inventory at the beginning of the upcoming marketing year is currently projected to stand at 202,000 tons.
2. Almost half-way through the harvest, the quality of the 2020 crop seems to be better than normal with larger nut size and fewer percentage of blanks and floaters.
|Carry in from prevoius year||22,000|
|Note : addjustment / losses related to shelling and peeling process of kernels and green kernels.|
Current Crop Year