|Monthly and YTD Inventory / Shipment Report in Tons
1. Exports volume in the first four months of the current marketing year is very close to the average figure of the past 4 years (2012-2015: 78,395 MT) for the same period; This being a satisfactory situation despite the US bumper crop and their downward prices. The inventory at the end of marketing month 4 stands at 45% of this year's total marketable inventory (for Export) of approximately 126,000 MT.
2. Indian Subcontinent market (quality and variety-oriented) is robustly growing with a high potential for import of Iranian pistachios.
3. This year’s share of shipments to EU15 countries (6,749 MT) has outstandingly been more than the average figure of the past 4 years (2012-2015: 5,209 MT).
4. Share of shipments to the Far East countries in the 4th marketing month has however, experienced an 80% drop in comparison to the average figure of the past 4 years (2012-2015: 6,223 MT).
5. With regard to pistachio categories, export of closed shell pistachios in this year has experienced a 34% decrease in comparison to the average figure of the past 4 years (2012-2015: 11,723 MT).
6. Export of Green Peeled Pistachio Kernels (GPPK) in this year has experienced a 48% drop in comparison to the average figure of the past 4 years (2012-2015: 908 MT); this may be due to the increase in more stringent MRL regulations and settings.
4-Year Comparison (Destination)
4-Year Comparison (Product)
4th Marketing Month
|Carry in from previous year
|Total Crop Estimate
|Adjustment/ losses, Domestic
|Adjustment/ losses, Export