|YTD Inventory / Shipment Report |
|3rd Marketing Month||Crop: 2020||1. November export shipments stand at 25,000 tons; up 77% compared to 2019 crop year. Year‐to‐date export shipments (as of 1 December 2020) are close to 90,000 tons of pistachios, second only to 2007 crop year.|
2. The exceptional export figures for the first three months will have a limiting effect on the supply of Iranian pistachios during the latter months of the current marketing year. Almost half of the starting inventory has been shipped during the first three months of the current marketing year.
3. The Far East has been the biggest market for Iranian pistachios. Export to this market amounts to 54,000 tons; three times the shipment amount of last year for the same period. In total, 101,000 tons of pistachios have been shipped to the Far East from Iran and the US in the first three marketing months.
4. Year-to-date pistachio shipments from Iran to India reach 6,000 tons, up 200% compared to 2019 for the same period.
5. The EU has imported 5,000 tons of Iranian pistachios during the first three marketing months, while the US shipments stand at around 14,000 tons for the same period.
6. There has been significantly greater than usual demand for and shipment of larger and more expensive Iranian pistachio nut varieties during the first three months of this marketing year. This should affect the composition of the remaining inventory for the rest of the season.
7. Demand for Iranian natural kernels is very strong in different markets due to its unique taste, availability and price attractiveness.
|Carry in from prevoius year||22,000|
|Note : addjustment / losses related to shelling and peeling process of kernels and green kernels.|
Current Crop Year