|YTD Inventory / Shipment Report |
|5th Marketing Month||Crop: 2020||1. Export shipments during the 5th marketing month stand at 16,000 tons; up 23% compared to 2019 crop year. Year‐to‐date export shipments are close to 122,000 tons of pistachios, only third to 2007 and 2014 record crop years.|
2. The exceptional export figures for the first five months will limit the available inventory of Iranian pistachios for the latter months of the current marketing year. 63% of the starting inventory has been shipped during the first five months of the current marketing year.
3. The Far East has been the biggest market for Iranian pistachios through January. Iranian export to this market amounts to 62,000 tons; almost three-times that of the previous year for the same period. In total, 123,000 tons of pistachios have been shipped to the Far East from Iran and the US in the first five marketing months.
4. Year-to-date pistachio shipments from Iran to the Indian Subcontinent reach 16,000 tons, up 60% compared to 2019 for the same period.
5. The EU has imported 10,000 tons of Iranian pistachios during the first five marketing months, while the US shipments to this destination stand at around 34,000 tons for the same period.
6. There has been an exceptional demand for larger and more expensive Iranian pistachio nut varieties this year. Hence, we assume that the largest share of the remaining inventory consists of the Fandoghi (Round) variety and kernel raw material.
7. Demand for Iranian natural kernels is very strong in different markets due to its inherent diversity and price attractiveness. Year-to-date kernel shipments from Iran reach 10,000 tons, up 43% compared to the average figure of the past 4 years (2016‐2019: 7,000 tons) for the same period.
|Carry in from prevoius year||22,000|
|Note : addjustment / losses related to shelling and peeling process of kernels and green kernels.|
Current Crop Year