|YTD Inventory / Shipment Report |
|1st Marketing Month||Crop: 2022||1. According to Iran Pistachio Association's post‐harvest estimate, 2022 crop has yielded 106,000 MT of dried in‐shell pistachios. With an estimated carry‐over of 15,000 tons from the 2021 crop, Iran’s estimated gross inventory at the beginning of the current marketing year stands at 121,000 tons.|
2. Considering the fact that a higher share of the new crop is coming from new producing regions where the long varieties are dominant, it is estimated that 65% of the new crop will be of long varieties.
3. 7% of this year’s estimated gross inventory has been exported during the first month of the current marketing year, whereas this ratio stood at 14% during the same month of the previous year.
4. The global demand for Iranian pistachios has been under pressure due to the price disparity between domestic and export markets. This disparity needs to be resolved for the new crop to move to export markets.
5. September shipments to the CIS countries and Indian Subcontinent have been relatively strong as compared to other destinations.
6. Worldwide demand for Iranian natural pistachio kernel is strong due to its exquisite quality and price competitiveness.
|Carry in from prevoius year||15,000|
|Note : addjustment / losses related to shelling and peeling process of kernels and green kernels.|
Current Crop Year